Monday 21 January 2013

A quilt-a-long catch up!

This is week 2 of the Starburst quilt-a-long by Melissa over at Happy Quilting. It is a lovely star quilt, go take a look at it. There are prizes along the way too, just for some added incentive :)

I had difficulty finding 12 fat quarters in my stash that I liked together so I opted for this rather lovely layer cake. The 10" squares are not quite large enough to make even the smaller size listed so I am making mine a little bit smaller to make it work. 

Fabric for Quilt-a-long

Having decided on the layer cake I then had to select just 12 of the squares. Oh the choices! Well, after some time this is what I ended up with:


Selected Fabrics

Week 1: The first week was relatively easy - to cut the required pieces. Ta da!


Cut Fabric!

Week 2: To make HSTs and Goose in the Corner. I like all this chain piecing, makes for some fast progress and I do love to see progress!



Oh my, it took an age to square up all the HSTs! But I got there. Can I wait a week for the next instalment. I half wish Melissa hadn't got the tutorial on the website, it's so tempting to move ahead! Although I do have a quilt I am supposed to have quilted by now. So perhaps I'll do that and leave all these lovely squares on my design wall to oggle.

Happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment