Friday 20 February 2015

Flowering Lone star ** finish **!

This is my first big finish of the year! My Flowering Lone Star.


Front

Back

I am really pleased I finally got round to finishing the quilting! The pattern is by Melissa at Sew BitterSweet Designs and I was one of several pattern testers way back last summer some time! It's a really good pattern, lots of details and explains everything in simple steps and with lots of pictures! I like picture instructions!

It was fun to see how different all the quilts looked just by changing the fabrics and colours. Melissa blogged about the pattern launch here and shows all the test quilts in various stages of completion.

I blogged about the details of this quilt and it came together here.

So here I just have some pictures of the completed quilt!

The quilting took me quite some time, but was really fun to experiment with different designs. The areas of white space were large enough to play with different patterns but not too large that they went on forever!


Quilting detail



We had a run of glorious sunny weather just recently and I somehow persuaded my eldest to hold the quilt for me, she must have wanted me to do something! I love how the sun shines through this one revealing the stars (and the body!) on the back.




More pictures of the quilting, just because!



To finish this quilt was one of my Finish Along Q1 goals! Yay, another one ticked off the list.

Linking up with Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.



Quilt Stats:
Pattern (front): Flowering Lonestar by Melissa @ Sew BitterSweet Designs

Pattern (back): Mainly my design using the lonestar idea from the front but not the y-seams and varying sizes!
Fabrics: All Kona solids
Quilted: by me using Aurifil 50 weight White
Started: June 2014
Finished: Feb 2015
Size: 50" x 50"

5 comments:

  1. The quilting is incredible! What a compliment to all the negative space. Love the back as much as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise seeing the backside of your quilt. Wonderful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful and that quilting is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete