Sunday 4 December 2016

More Harry Potter

A quick update on my progress with the Harry Potter quilt along blocks. Patterns are published by Soma at Whims and Fancies.

The first two blocks in August were Hermione's bookcase (here) and Hedwig (here). The next two were the deluminator and the Weasley Box. I was thankful that we had two months to complete these, as time ran away with me! But here they are:





Next came Crookshanks and the Time Turner. I'm not sure I am completely happy with the colourings of Crookshanks but it looked ok when I pulled them from the shelf! It is what it is, no way am I undoing it!



The Time Turner was a big block and I think I mixed up some of the colours but again, I'm not undoing it. It's probably only me that would fuss over where I think I went wrong. I like the end block and that's why counts!





The latest two are a Cornish Pixie and a Mandrake! I love the Cornish pixie, the little playful things they are! And Soma used such great colours in her block, this on is so fun. I enjoyed making this one and it came together so easily.



So now there's just a Mandrake left, but as I have another month to do this one I must move on to some Christmas sewing! Time is marching on fast!

Linking up with Soma at Whims and Fancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment