Friday 27 March 2015

Moderninstabee Quilt ** Finish **!

It's finished! My modernistabee quilt is done. This is the front.






The back is a couple of the blocks that were more off-white than white and since I had a large piece of off-white fabric I put them together with some aqua scraps. 




I quilted organic lines horizontally on the yellow blocks and vertically on the aqua. The sashing has a squiggly pattern that can be seen better in this picture.




Just one more of the quilting.



The binding is a light grey (Kona ash maybe!?!) with some more scraps of aqua and yellow mixed in to break it up a little.





And that is that. One WIP off the list :) Linking to 



This was my goal for March and so I am linking up with 


A lovely year of finishes

It was also one of my Q1 goals for the Finish Along with 

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side



Quilt Stats:

Pattern (front): Triple Star Block by Lindsay Conner in her book Modern Bee. The blocks were made by me and the other ladies in the bee group - thank you ladies.
Pattern (back): Designed by me using a couple of blocks and some scraps.

Fabrics: Mine and the other ladies stashes!
Quilted: FMQ by me using a Guttermann cotton white thread
Started: July 2014
Finished: Mar 2015
Size: 60" x 80"



4 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful. I love that color scheme. Good job! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!! I still need to get mine together, I chose the Come Together block, but made some of the Triple Stars when I was making them for the others in my group. (its such a great block)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this quilt. The back is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours, love the fabrics, love the detailed quilting! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete